The Asia-Europe New Music Festival 2014 is scheduled to take place from Oct. 8-12 in Hanoi and Ha Long city for the first time with the participation of 200 local and international composers and artists from 30 countries and territories.
It was released by Vietnam Composers' Association at a press conference at Hanoi on Oct.1.
Addressing the event, Vietnam Composers' Association Chairman, Do Hong Quan, who is also Head of the Festival's organizing board, said that Vietnam is the first Asian nation to host such an international event as a result of its constant efforts in developing instrumental music. The country is regarded as a bright spot in Asia's instrumental music.
According to composer Nguyen Thi Minh Chau, head of the Criticism and Theory Department of the Vietnam Musicians Association, the event is a golden opportunity for Vietnamese artists to show their ability in the field of composition and performance and introduce the country's culture to international friends.
Chau added that the festival attracted the participation of not only outstanding Vietnamese composers such as Do Hong Quan, Trong Dai, Doan Nho, Hoang Cuong, Nguyen Thien Dao but also young ones including Le Bang, Do Kien Cuong, and Tran Luu Hoang.
The five-day festival will include seven official performances and some other concerts, featuring contemporary music of different genres ranging from symphony orchestra, concert, folk and national music and opera to chorus and new songs.
Composer Pham Ngoc Khoi, vice chairman of the Vietnam Musicians Association noted that the event will be highlighted by an unique performance at Dau Go cave - Ha Long Bay, Quang Ninh province. Well-known artists from Military Culture and Arts University will introduce to audiences Hue royal court music and Chau Van (spiritual singing).
Entrance tickets to the festival are free of charge.
Here is the latest rundown on the official schedule of events:
1. October 8, 2014: Opening Ceremony and Symphony Concert at Hanoi Opera House
2. 10h-October 9, 2014: Concert by young Vietnamese Composers at Concert Hall, Vietnam National Academy of Music
3. 20h-October 9, 2014: Chamber Music Programme at Concert Hall, Vietnam National Academy of Music
4. 10h-October 10, 2014: Special programme of The Japan-America Institute for New Music (JAINM) at Concert Hall, Vietnam National Academy of Music
5. 20h- The Programme of Chamber Music and Choir at Concert Hall, Vietnam National Academy of Music
6. 20h-October 11, 2014: The Program of "Friendship Melodies" at Vietnam - Japan Friendship Cultural House, Ha Long City, Quang Ninh province
7. 19h30-October 12, 2014: Closing Ceremony and Gala Concert at Hanoi Opera House
vietnam national academy of music, hue royal court music, national academy of music, new music festival, to be on, to take place, ha long city, do hong quan, vietnam musicians association, ha long bay, quang ninh province, culture and arts, hue royal court, royal court music, free of charge
Eighth silver medal for Vietnam at ASIAD 17 on Sept. 29(23:30 01/10/2014)
Vietnam selects Asian Beach Games 2016 logo, mascot(23:30 01/10/2014)
ASIAD 17: Female boxers win two bronze medals(23:30 01/10/2014)
Khoi becomes U12 world chess champion(23:30 01/10/2014)
Vietnamese-origin designer shines at Paris Fashion Week(20:09 27/09/2014)
Olympic Vietnam say farewell to ASIAD 17(18:26 26/09/2014)
ASIAD 17 female football: Vietnam stun Thailand(18:01 26/09/2014)
SEA futsal tourney: Vietnam 3-4 Australia(16:30 26/09/2014)
Sony World Photography Award 2015 competition(13:29 26/09/2014)
Golds evade Viet Nam at ASIAD(14:43 25/09/2014)
ASIAD 17: Vietnam wins two more bronze medals(14:13 25/09/2014)
Europe-Asia contemporary dance dazzles Hanoians(13:13 25/09/2014)