The first ever Asia-Europe New Music Festival hosted by Vietnam kicked off in magnificent style at the Hanoi Opera House on October 8 with Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam in attendance.
Also in the audience at the spectacular premiere were an assemblage of high-ranking leaders of Vietnam ministries, departments, and agencies along with foreign dignitaries and international guests from throughout the world.
The event, which has attracted more than 200 artists and musicians from 30 Asian and European countries, aims to provide a venue for contemporary artists to popularise their musical achievement in differing genres ranging from symphony orchestra, concert, folk and national music and opera to chorus and new songs.
It is a golden opportunity for Vietnamese artists to display their talents in the fields of composition and performance and introduce the country's traditional culture to international friends.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam sent his heartfelt greetings to domestic and foreign participants, expressing his hopes that the festival will strengthen the ties of friendship amongst the peoples of the world.
At the event, a Symphony Concert also took place, introducing 9 outstanding works such as Overture “Ho Chi Minh” (Tatarstan), “Love Song” (Uzbekistan), “Rain Water” (France), “Silent Spring” (Norway), “Koroglu” ((Azerbaijani), “Tamerlan's camp” (Russia), “L'assaut sur la raison” (Australia), and “Doi Thoai” (Dialogue) for monochord and orchestra (Vietnam).
Here is the latest rundown on the official schedule of events:
1. October 8, 2014: Opening Ceremony and Symphony Concert at Hanoi Opera House
2. 10am-October 9, 2014: Concert by young Vietnamese Composers at Concert Hall, Vietnam National Academy of Music
3. 8pm-October 9, 2014: Chamber Music Programme at Concert Hall, Vietnam National Academy of Music
4. 8pm-October 10, 2014: Special programme of The Japan-America Institute for New Music (JAINM) at Concert Hall, Vietnam National Academy of Music
5. 8pm- The Programme of Chamber Music and Choir at Concert Hall, Vietnam National Academy of Music
6. 8pm-October 11, 2014: The Program of "Friendship Melodies" at Vietnam - Japan Friendship Cultural House, Ha Long City, Quang Ninh province
7. 7.30pm-October 12, 2014: Closing Ceremony and Gala Concert at Hanoi Opera House
deputy prime minister vu duc dam, vietnam national academy of music, national academy of music, new music festival, hanoi opera house, deputy prime minister, vu duc dam, ho chi minh, academy of music, ha long city, quang ninh province, music festival, the first, opera house, prime minister
Vietnamese young artists shine at Asia-Europe Music Fest(23:44 09/10/2014)
Vietnam wraps up 17th Asiad with many 'firsts' recorded(23:38 09/10/2014)
Int'l experts compare notes on music composers' training(21:19 08/10/2014)
Photo exhibition spotlights Hanoi's development(21:19 08/10/2014)
Vietnam is ready for Asia-Europe New Music Festival(15:21 08/10/2014)
Vietnamese Ao Dai down through the ages(12:35 08/10/2014)
VN lose second match at AFC championship qualifier(11:14 08/10/2014)
'Saving Every Woman, Saving Every Child' photo exhibition(19:14 07/10/2014)
South African culture and cuisine introduced in HCM City(14:37 07/10/2014)
U16 girls suffer 0-3 loss to the RoK(12:37 07/10/2014)
Vietnamese folk music spotlighted in Berlin(12:36 07/10/2014)
VN unfazed by group of death(10:31 07/10/2014)